Monday, July 11, 2011

Big Brother is watching...........

No, actually we are the ones watching :) Big Brother, season 13 has begun! It started last Thursday evening and again last night. Looks like it will have it's regular schedule. Wednesday nights are for the "Veto" competitions. Thursday nights are for "Eliminations" and "Head of Household" and Sundays are left for "Nomination Ceremony" along with the "Have or Have Not" competition........                               

If you're wondering what in the world I"m talking about, then you obviously aren't a fan of one of the most popular and highest rated shows on T.V.
Big Brother could be described as part game show part reality show. Game show in the fact that these people are competing to win a half of a million dollars and reality show since the contestants are living together in the secluded Big Brother house and their every move is being taped. The only "semi-privacy" they have is sitting on the toilet and taking a shower (you can hear them, just not see them) Viewers have a chance to watch the action not just during the three 1 hour episodes of game play and chaos but each evening from 11pm till 2am on the Showtime channel and you can subscribe to their live feed on the Internet which runs 24/7...... GOOD GRIEF!

I've actually thought of trying to get on the show myself, even printed out the online application one time. Then I thought, "Humm..Do I really want millions of people watching me eat, sleep & play? 
...not to mention watching me burp, fart, pick my nose, clean out my ears, have mini versions of mental breakdowns while I cry in the Diary Room about how much I miss my family and how much I can't stand Evil Dick" , he's one of the Houseguest.  (Houseguest are what the contestants are called)

Anyways.... If all of this sounds crazy, but entertaining, well...It is! Most of my family watches this show each week and then we call each other to compare notes.... "OMG! Did you see what Rachel did? oh No she didn't! Jeff and Jordan should have voted her off! Yeah, well I can't believe Evil Dick just said that to his daughter! Really? I can. He isn't called Evil for no reason. hahaha!"

If you want to begin to understand that conversation then you'll have to tune into channel 5 and watch it along with the rest of us :) If you're already a fan then mama said we should do a Big Brother night at her house!

{sidenote... Ok,Ok. I know it's not PBS or Hallmark Channel. It's a pretty cool show though. It's fun & entertaining. I for one enjoy anything that gets my family to chatting and giggling about some nonsense and can take our minds off of our own crazy reality for a few minutes here and there}

2 comments:

  1. Lol Okay Sandra, did CBS pay you to advertise the show or something? ;) J/K Truth is, I agree completely!

    I. Am. Addicted.

    Love the show! I think reality tv is what it is. You either like it or you dont. But please people, if you dont like it, PLEASE stop complaining about it and telling us how bad it is. Seriously, if you disagree with it that much, just don't watch it! I'm sure there is a boring documentary on PBS about water buffalo you can watch instead, and let the rest of us enjoy watching home imprisoned crazy people to (quoting Sandra) "take our minds off of our own crazy reality's" once in a while! #steps down from soap box :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer... I'm in negotiations with CBS right now so I can't really talk about it ;)
    I'm so addicted to reality tv it ain't even funny, but hey, it's their reality not mine so why not escape an hour here or there :) and I agree with you, if people don't like it...DON"T WATCH IT. it's not like everyone doesn't have 273 channels to choose from hehe. Love you!

    ReplyDelete