Monday, July 25, 2011

Birth Order, Smirth Order.... Whatever!

My sisters and I had a sleepover this past weekend (mama was there to :)
We talked, laughed, ate lots of junk food, had a little wine, watched a chick flick and played a silly game called Bezzerwezzer... fun fun Sister Time.
It was great and I can't wait to do it all over again! I love my sisters and if you're lucky enough then you have a sister or two yourself that you adore! I feel truly blessed to have the 3 that I have. When we get together we're unstoppable. We seem to be as entertaining to others as we are to ourselves.

When I take a step back and observe my sisters interacting with one another I definitely can see how the whole "Birth Order Theory" may come into play...
I am the oldest of us 4 and tend to be bossy or somewhat in charge. My two middle sisters tend to mediate and get us on point, more centered. Then the three of us tend to treat the youngest like, well ..uh, the Youngest.
When you put us all together we are like a perfect cocktail, not one flavor stands out above the rest, a perfect blended smoothie :)
I was looking up sisters on the internet which eventually led me to Birth Order so I thought I would check it out. There are several "Birth Order Tests" you can take and not one of them pegged me as the oldest?
The first test labeled me as the Middle Child and the two others said I was the "latter born" and third child... WHAT?  Along with those labels were the personality traits, none of which fit me at all, and yes I was being open minded and objective.
So it got me to thinking, "Are all of these tests wrong or are we not the typical siblings?" I mean, don't all sisters get along 98%  of the time?  Don't all sisters join together when one is in need?  Don't all sisters cheer when the others are up and pray when one is down?  Don't all sisters jump at the chance and opportunity to get together? .... if not, maybe you should
I decided it's not the test that's wrong, it's just that my sisters and I are NOT typical.
We are truly Unique :)  Not unique - one of a kind but unique - not common.
I'm not saying this to be boastful or pompous. I'm just so thankful and so proud of our family.

Some people wistfully wish for world peace. I would wish for all siblings to be able to have what we have. Our family is a gift from God, but our closeness is something we have worked on our whole lives and each one of us had made it a conscience choice to make one another a priority in our busy lives. Sometimes it's not easy or convenient to get together and spend time with one another, but we do it.
It's you that decides what's important in your life, hopefully you're prioritizing your list correctly because the way I see it everything you do & choose today will effect all of your tomorrows.
So no, my sisters and I don't fit into any commonplace description of "Sisters & Birth Order", and for this I say thank you Heavenly Father for I feel truly blessed.
.....when friends betray you ( the true & good ones don't ), or men leave ( the loyal & good ones don't ), or your favorite pet goes away ( sadley they all do at some point ) hopefully your blessed enough to have a sister whose only a phone call away to help lift you up..*This Wish I Wish For You*

10 comments:

  1. The reason ya'll are so close and so *Unique* is because you had 4 Sisters who were excellent role models! :) RIGHT Sisters of mine?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are right Debbie. I am the middle child

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sandra! This is so true! I know now more than ever that I am so blessed to have the support of my sisters. You ladies are always there to make the tough times easier. Love you! Marcy
    And Debbie, YES, we had WONDERFUL role models!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. O.K. There is just WAY too many "Anonymous's" here! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. My family discovered they can reply without having to sign in or creating a google account.. click anonymous. BUT ..I told them to at least sign their name so I would know who it is. 8:08pm DID NOT SIGN! ..sneaky suspicion it's mama again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful reflections today, sista.

    I LOVE the metaphor of us being a "perfectly blended smoothie"!! And, yes, I have found that we are a rarity in this complex world - and, thank God that we are! I love my sisters SOOO much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so true! We've always been told (and shown) how important family is and I love mine! I look up to my sisters so much and I honestly have no idea what I would do without you girls. Though we are grown now and have our own lives, I know we will all be as close as we were when we were living under the same roof. Thank you for sharing Sandra! This weekend was so much fun ! Love you!!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! I do have some Wonderful Aunts to be proud of. thank you all for reading and commenting on my blogs, it's a great motivator to keep on writing :) and guess what Debbie.. I just got a message from Blogspot telling me they could put my Blog into a BOOK! I'd have to pay for it of course, but still! I'll be doing that once I've got some more blogs under my belt :) Love you all very much xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, I have to put my two cents worth in my dearest cousin! We are so blessed to have such a loving family! I, for one do attribute this to our mothers being so close, but I would go a step futher, dearest auntie Debbie, as to say this is what Nanny and Grandaddy instilled in all of us! We know no other way to be! I love each and everyone of you guys! And....can't wait till our next Warren Women Sleepover! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. {mushy mounds of Love just flowing everywhere on this page} Speaking of Warren Women Sleepovers.. when are we doing that agin? there hasn't been one in awhile has there? Love y'all :)

    ReplyDelete