Friday, July 22, 2011

I'm Resigning......

I hereby officially give my resignation as an Adult

I have decided I would like to accept the responsibilities of an 8 year old again.
I want to go to McDonald's and think that it' the best place to eat, EVER!
I want to think that M&M's are better than money because you can eat them, except for the green ones :)
I want to spend all morning getting the stuff together to open up a Koolaid stand and sell it for .25 cents a cup, end up with $2.75 at the end of the day and think I'm rich!
I want to play in the dirt and run around on my Nanny & Granddaddy's hillside and look for Indian money in their driveway then go down to my cousin Gail's and play on the bridge that seemed SO BIG at the time.
I want to return to a time when life was simple....
When all you knew were your colors, times tables and silly knock-knock jokes, but it didn't bother you because you didn't know what you didn't know and you didn't care. All you knew was to be happy, because you were blissfully unaware of all the things that should make you worried or upset.

I want to play outside with my friends all day long, from sun-up till sun-down. Ride our bicycles while singing those songs from the 70's at the top of our lungs, only stopping to eat PB&J sandwiches then cool off by spraying each other with the garden hose while the mama's yelled, "Turn off that water! Your wasting it!"   then sneaking back later to do it again.

I want to believe that anything is possible and that wish you make when blowing out your Birthday candle really WILL come true if you don't tell anybody what your wish was.
I want to be oblivious to how hard life really can be and get overly excited by the little things again.
I want to play games like Hide & Seek, Red rover-Red rover and Duck Duck Goose!
I want to build tents in the living room using kitchen chairs and bed sheets.
I want life simple again.....
I don't want my day to consist of computer crashes, depressing news, gossip, illness and loss of loved ones.
I want to believe in the power of smiles & hugs, truth & justice, peace, dreams and my imagination.
S0... I am officially resigning from Adulthood, and if you would like to discuss this further, you'll have to catch me first, cause.....
TAG! You're it!

5 comments:

  1. Yesterdays "People, Places, Milestones and Phases" was very good! You really do have a writer inside that brain of yours! I'm so impressed. So when you publish your first best seller, I can very proudly say "That's my niece! And I'm her favorite Aunt!":) You don't really have to resign as an adult ya know. I mean you can still keep all the privileges of adulthood and STILL do all those other neat things. You DO have grandchildren! With the exception of playing in the dirt at Nanny and Granddaddy's you can do all those things with the grand kid's right up there on top of "Heavenly Hill" Come on Maddie, Layla, Farrah, and all the future grand kids lets make some good memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes definately I'm making new memories with the girls and it is fun getting to do that stuff over again, not the same but different in a good way. Brings back memories of mine seeing the stuff through their eyes :) p.s. If I ever do write a Best Seller I'll make sure and mention my "Favorite Aunt"

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT!?! Birthday wishes don't come true? That's it, I'm resigning too!

    By the way, did you get your "cootie shot?" (circle, circle, dot - dot; now you've got your cooty shot)

    Love,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait a minute! I thought "Anonymous" was Jean. So is it Melanie or Jean? Or are they both trying to play sly!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie.. my family is using the ANON button. You don't have to sign in that way. I don't care who uses the anonymous as long as they sign their comments and as long as they are reading :)
    Melanie...I got the Cootie Shot and the booster :)

    ReplyDelete